Sign up for FREE daily Updates.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Red French Renaissance Dresser with mirror

Isn't she a beauty!!  I'm calling her a French Renaissance Dresser beause she's so ornate, but i have no idea what her true roots are.  Found this piece at an estate sale - with the matching mirror for $35.
 
 
Pin It
 
Here's  the piece was originally. 
Pin It
 
It was in such great shape I only had to glue the missing trim back on - then off to painting.  I used Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint - Tricycle Red.  Followed that with a Miniwax Dark Walnut stain and finished her off with two coats of Annie Sloan Dark wax.
 


 
The construction is amazing, I don't think I've EVER seen a better made piece.  It's heavy oak with flawless joints and carvings.  Check out the drawers - the top two are divided into 3 segments.



Look at that detail on the bottom - it matches the top of the mirror.



I'm putting her up on Craigslist in the morning - I hope she finds a good home.



 photo blogsig_zps096369fb.png

2 comments:

 
01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover