Sign up for FREE daily Updates.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Graphite coffee table

On a whim I decided to paint my coffee table, it's a cheap table I bought at Nebraska Furniture Mart.  It's made of pine and shows all the bumps and dents.   
 
I decided it would look good with a Restoration Hardware feel, so I painted it with ASCP Graphite and distressed it on all the edges to allow the pine to show through. I mixed some clear and dark wax to finish it.

Pin It
I'am pretty happy with the results, though I'm still struggling a little with the dark wax, it shows fingerprints and that is driving me crazy!  Am I STILL putting too much wax on or does dark wax just show these d@mn fingerprints...hmmm.  Anyone know, please comment.
 

 photo blogsig_zps096369fb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover