Sign up for FREE daily Updates.

Monday, February 18, 2013

JunkFest Studios

I took a paint class at JunkFest STudios in Shawnee Saturday morning and had a great time!  The proprietor of this darling little cape cod house turned studio/shop is Robin Hammond and she is a delight.  Her shop is filled with unusual and unique painted pieces with a studio in the back for classes on painting and various other activities. 
This particular class was devoted to CeCe Caldwell chalk/clay paint. 
I brought in a small table to play with


I started with an undercoat of Vintage White, then layered on Smokey Mountain (a gray/blue).  With a light distressing I'm finishing it off with highlites of Dover White and I'll trace a French graphic on the top.  Here's some pics during class


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This piece will be finished at home and I'll post a photo once it's complete.
 
JunkFest Studios is located at 6115 Nieman Road, the shop is open from Noon-5pm and her number is 913.210.4444.  Robin is someone you want to spend the afternoon with chatting away while painting or shopping.  I had so much fun that I know I'll be back many times.
 
 

 photo blogsig_zps096369fb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover